Welcome to the our weekly newsletter
The MACC Minute for October 15, 2020. We hope it will inspire you to get involved.
News from our Food Pantry
Coming into fall season our Emergency Food Pantry is in need of the following items:
- Canned vegetables
- Canned soups
- Beef stew
- Instant potatoes
- Baked beans
- Pork & beans
- Coffee (regular & instant)
- Macaroni & cheese
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Hygiene products such as; shampoo, conditioner, kids body wash, adult body wash, and toothpaste.
Director of Services
Chef Ferdinand Cruz
Chef MACC Kitchen
Outreach Case Worker
This week’s Recipe
Spiced Pumpkin Cider Bisque
- In a soup pot sauté garlic and the herbs with butter and add cinnamon, ginger.
- Add the pumpkin next and cook for 5 minutes or so on med/high heat.
- Add in the apple cider and cook for 5-10 minutes more while stirring.
- Now add the veg stock, and heavy cream and let simmer for 15mins.
- Add your cornstarch slurry. Stir until thickened and turn off heat.
- Blend and be careful not to over fill blender as it could overflow from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds, pumpkin seed, herbs, or apple slices