Welcome to the our weekly newsletter
The MACC Minute May 20, 2021. We hope it will inspire you to get involved.
News from our Food Pantry
ECHN & AFT Connecticut held a month-long donation drive to support their communities! Collectively they donated 1626 jars of peanut butter and jelly to split between MACC Charities and Hockanum Valley Community Council Inc. It is estimated to make 42,000 sandwiches for all ages. That’s a lot of PB& J’s! A HUGE THANK YOU to ECHN and AFT Connecticut!
The power of the “Ask” resonates with me. An invitation to help informs others of a need and offers an opportunity to act. MACC works with people who suffer from an immediate crisis to those who struggle with a lifestyle of crisis. The hand up, not a handout approach works. MACC expects people to get back on their feet. #AskingYoutohelpUs
Director of Services
Safety above all else is something we took seriously at the beginning and throughout this pandemic. On May 19th the state lifted all restrictions pertaining to Covid safety protocols for you and me. Although the positivity rates continue to decline, MACC will CONTINUE its safety protocols. Mask wearing will continue to be MANDATORY for all staff, volunteers, and guests. #safetyforall
Chef Ferdinand Cruz
MACC’s Community Kitchen
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup pineapple slices fresh or canned
- For the chicken: Combine the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, coconut milk and pineapple juice, then pour into a container or zip lock bag.
- Add the chicken and marinate anywhere from 2-24 hours.
- Heat the grill to medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 6-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the pineapple to the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Arrange the pineapple and chicken on a serving plate.
Outreach Case Worker
Executive Chef Michelle
Bistro On Main